Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What if...

What if, God didn't send His only begotten Son because He wanted us to be prepared to pay the price for sin?

This was one of many in a list of “what ifs” I received in an email today. Here’s one of the nearly 800 website that has the poem posted in its entirety http://www.fpcwcho.com/InspirationIF.htm.

All the statements were thought provoking. But the one above really hit me strong.

It is my hearts desire to show people – especially those in my family – the freedom and joy that comes from focusing everything in my life on Christ. It’s hard for some to understand what I mean when I say I live for Christ because there is no other reason to live.

Without Christ I am nothing. I cannot love my husband or my children all the time, unconditionally, without focusing on Christ. He is life. And he is the source of life in me. I’m a very pathetic person without him. I’ve been there and don’t wish anyone to ever see me that way again. It’s morbid.

So, what if God didn’t send Jesus to die for us? How would your life be different? Or would it?

He must become greater; I must become less.
John 3:30

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lisa!! I'm so thrilled about what you shared in What if. It's really so amazing at how much love the LORD has for all of us! I saved the link you shared and will be commenting about them on my blog. Have a blessed weekend! :o)

Ellen said...

Hi!
Got here through a random hit on CWO blog ring (I'm at www.mybreathoflife.blogspot.com). I enjoyed reading some of your posts. Thanks for sharing. Lots of food for thought.
Bless you!

Darlene Schacht said...

I got here through Random on CWO blog ring too!

Great post. I'd be terrified of death and eternal punishment. And I'd feel unloved.

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission