Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Everything and Nothing


Lord, what do you want from me?

Have you ever asked God a question not really expecting an answer - at least not right away? My question was sincere. I ask it quite often and generally expect God to reveal things to me in a very slow process, one step at a time. This day was different.

Everything and nothing, was the response I heard. Everything and nothing? What does that mean?

I don’t have a complete understanding yet. But here’s where I’m at so far.

Everything
complete surrender and submission,
full and consistent dependence with every breath;
body, mind, and spirit given to God for his good purposes

Nothing
none of what I do will be by my own human strength;
it’s not my efforts if I’m dependent completely on God’s divine power.


To be fully human and one with God – this is the gift God offers. Jesus provided the way and showed us how to give everything and nothing.


Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who… made himself nothing. ~ Philippians 2:5-7


Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. ~ John 5:19



No comments:

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission