Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wisdom

Do you want to be wise? Think about your life. What circumstances have helped you most to have the wisdom you have?

James 1:2-4 and 5-8 have been favorite verses of mine for a long time. But I had never put them together until recently. Verses 2-4 talk about our trials. Verses 5-8 are about gaining wisdom.

When I look at all the verses together it makes me hesitate when I think about asking God for wisdom. Oh, yes, he gives generously without finding fault but it’s verses 2-4 that tell how that wisdom is disbursed.

Well, the book of Proverbs gives plenty of examples of the fool. I think I’ll accept the generous wisdom that comes with the trials.

Here’s the prayer that stirred these thoughts:

“Dear Lord, help me to realize my wisdom emerges as I accept and integrate all that has happened to me.” from DailyGuidepost.com Daily E-mail

I recommend that you go to http://www.crosswalk.com/ and read James 1:2-8 in a few different versions. One of them will hit home with where you are today.

Grow!

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I think wisdom comes with trials, because that is how we often learn. We enter into a situation only to find out we made a mistake, chose the wrong path, etc. We learn from those mistakes, and with the learning comes wisdom. Wisdom allows us to know that when and if we enter similar situations, we will be more warry and hopefully lean on God instead of ourselves. Hope that made sense.

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission