Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Where are your stones?

In the future, when your children ask you, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever." Joshua 4:6-7

At a Life Purpose Facilitation I was instructed to write down ten significant moments from my life – events that had changed the way I lived or my perspective of life. I can see now where God was present in all of them. But only the ones that I recognized his presence at the time do I have “a stone” as a reminder for my children or others to see.

Those around us, especially our children, need to know how God has impacted our life. One stone in my house is a picture of our stillborn son. His blood red coloring and tiny lifeless body draw attention to those who visit. Many are struck with sadness at first. But then I tell them of God’s loving arms around me during that time and how we learned to trust God through the experience.

What can you show to your children so that they know your faith is real and not just a story of an invisible God?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i so agree with this. and have been thinking about it as this chapter was my reading last night.

we do need to have "stones" that show waht God is doing in our lives, indicators of His work.

So important for us as mothers, friends, daughters, HUMANS!

great post!

blessings,
claire

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission