Thursday, April 05, 2007

Stumbling Blocks

The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use themAnonymous

Oh wow, isn’t that so true! And have you seen positive people use the stumbling block as adventure and learning opportunities while negative people stare and complain about whose fault the stumbling block is?

I’d like to think I’m always on the positive side but I know I’m not. I’m continually learning and being reminded ever so gently by God’s Holy Spirit that I must keep my eyes on God, not on the stumbling blocks, if I want to finish the race he has set out for me. (Acts 20:24) What’s on your mind today? Are you stumbling or stepping?

“He will be a place of safety for you. But he will be a rock that makes people trip and a stumbling block for both kingdoms of Israel. He will be a trap and a snare for those who live in Jerusalem.” Isaiah 8:14 God’s Word

No comments:

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission