Friday, September 07, 2007

How Faithful are You?

I have done nothing to earn or deserve God’s mercy. For six years I fought against him and led others away from him. I don’t deserve his blessings. I don’t deserve the opportunity to participate in his divine nature.

Even after I turned to him, I entertained thoughts and let my curiosity lead me in areas of darkness.

Today I am still far from being as faithful as God.

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:19-24

How faithful are you?

1 comment:

Lefty Sloane said...

I find that I am inconsistent in my faithfulness. But I am grateful for the ABC's: accountability, butt kickers and checkers who call me. I value our relationship!

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission