Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Thoughts on Getting Involved

Here’s a question I attempt to ask with involvement decisions, is it something I feel I “oughta” do or is it something I feel God drawing me to? There are times God calls us to do things out of obedience but even then, I think there is a different sense of drawing rather than sluggish pushing ourselves. Make sense?

I’m also learning that what I picture as the involvement may not be at all what God has in mind. So, it doesn’t do me any good to try to figure out if I have the time because I may not be committing to as much time as I think or it may be way more than I would ever consider possible for my current schedule.

Experience tells me that God generally calls us into relationships rather than time commitments.

So, what is God calling you to today? What are you fretting about because you or another person is pushing on you?

Say yes to God. To everyone else, just say no. You really don’t have to explain it to anyone – it may not make sense to them anyway.

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is. ~ Romans 12:2

No comments:

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission