Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Golden Compass

Ah, trouble is brewing in a most delightful way. Not only an avowed atheist, the author of the books on which this movie is based has been quoted as stating “my books are about killing God.” Sorry, but I find that rather humorous.

No, I most likely won’t take my kids to see this movie but I don’t take them to see a lot of “children’s” movies. By the way, we don’t do the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, or Santa Claus. Why? Because I don’t believe in them. So, this author doesn’t do God because he doesn’t believe in him. Have you given anyone a reason as to why you believe?

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. ~ Genesis 50:20

Instead of bashing this guy for his unbelief, how about praying that God will use this movie to change the apathy in our Christian culture that seems to present God as just another fairy tale to believe in or not believe in. Then sit back and watch for the opportunities God places right in front of you to give a reason for your hope.

For more on this topic check out http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

1 comment:

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Greetings, Lisa!

I have gotten a two emails on this movie already, so hopefully it will wake us up!!!

Have a great weekend!
Blessings!

Love,
Tracy

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission