Monday, November 12, 2007

Prayer of Abandonment

The words of Charles de Foucauld:
“Father, I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you: I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures –
I wish no more than this, O, Lord.”
(Richard Foster, Prayer - Finding the Heart’s True Home, pg 55)

What is distracting you from being fully surrendered, abandon into the hands of God? What has God called you to do and you are saying, “I can’t because…?”

This morning I wrote down a few items that are distractions either for me or for my family. After each short phrase, I wrote “You are sovereign*” as I abandoned each into God’s hands. Try it. Acknowledging the sovereignty of God brings peace.

O Lord, there are so many things that seem like obstacles and distractions. But you, O Lord, are sovereign. Nothing distracts or hinders you.




[*] Sovereign – with complete power, having supreme authority or power.


No comments:

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission