Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goals for 2009

As I see it, the goals for every follower of Christ are pretty simple.

PROCLAIM the good news 
HEAL the sick and oppressed
BRING JUSTICE (year of jubilee - see Leviticus 25)

Jesus made it simple.
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has appointed me to preach Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the downtrodden will be freed from their oppressors, and that the time of the Lord's favor has come. ~ Luke 4:18-19 (NLV)

"The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father." ~ John 14:12 (NLV)

Any questions?

For the inspiration on this thought, listen to John Cook's December 28, 2008 message,
Power to Do the Works of Jesus at www.VineyardColumbus.org



No comments:

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission