Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Perpetual Wonder

There is no logical statement possible when anyone asks you what you are doing. One of the difficulties in Christian work is this question - "What do you expect to do?" You do not know what you are going to do; the only thing you know is that God knows what He is doing. Continually revise your attitude towards God and see if it is a going out of everything, trusting in God entirely. It is this attitude that keeps you in perpetual wonder - you do not know what God is going to do next. Each morning you wake it is to be a "going out," building in confidence on God. ~ "Ozzy" Chambers
Great quote. And I love the "Ozzy" instead of Oswald. Makes the advice much friendlier. Check out Veronica Zamora's blog. She has some additional thoughts worthy of pondering for anyone with decisions or making changes in their life based on what they believe God has called them to do.
It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. Romans 11:8 NLT
It's actually comforting to think that if I had all the plans figured out then I wouldn't be following God's plan, I'd just be following my plans. Perpetual Wonderer. Yeah, I like it. Sounds risky. Adventurous.

Think I'll follow that thought awhile and see where God has me end up... today.  How about you? Is there anything you are afraid to do because God hasn't given you the whole plan? That would take all the fun out of it, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

Lefty Sloane said...

It would take out the fun of it. It would be like attending a movie after reading the script.

the mission:
PROCLAIM the good news; HEAL the sick and oppressed; BRING JUSTICE
~ Luke 4:16-20

Anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing (John 14:12)
~ Jesus 


Copyright 2005-2010 Lisa Biggs Crum
Email LisaCrum@Grow2Sow.org for reprint permission